1) Our new web address is now mymariettamarlins.com Please save as a “Favorite Place” and visit there often. Thank you all for your recent, helpful comments-suggestions to help make our website useful for all!
2) Regular practices have ended, for everyone, everywhere, every time!
However…for those going to Zones, U.S. Open, Futures, Jr. Nationals—see your coaches; you swimmers know who you are.
3) New season begins Monday afternoon, August 21 for Jr. 1 & 2 and all Senior groups. New season begins with our normal dry land/swim start up. Watch for more news; plan to bring running gear, water, and swimming gear as usual.
4) New season for Discovery & Developmental groups begin their Fall schedule the week of, September 5.
5) We want to gauge interest in the 6:45-8:00am practice time at MVAC for middle school swimmers (who have a late school start time). We want to reserve appropriate lane space, but need your input. Open to Jr 1, 2, & Advanced Developmental swimmers. Let Coach Larry know via firstname.lastname@example.org To start September 5. Let us know your interest. At Mountain View Aquatic Center (MVAC) only.
6) Practices at the Cherokee County Aquatic Center (CCAC) will continue!
Mornings: 6-7:30am Monday & Wednesday with Coach Larry.
Evenings: 5-7:30pm Monday-Friday with Coach Julia. (Fridays times adjust to high school meets in late Fall). If possible, Cherokee County residents are encouraged (not required) to swim CCAC.
7) Short Course Meet Schedule for the 2017-18 season is now on the website; click HERE for a quick link. Print and plan to race! Details to be added as host clubs post information.
8) If you have not updated your 2017-2018 team registration, DO SO NOW. Forms are on the website. Mail in right away to Marietta Marlins, Inc. PO Box 669503, Marietta, GA 30066. Click HERE to find those forms.
9) Medical Forms: All Marlins are asked to update their medical information using the form HERE. Print, fill out, and mail to us at Marietta Marlins, Inc. PO Box 669503, Marietta, GA 30066. NO ONE, ANY WHERE, AT ANY TIME MAY PRACTICE WITHOUT A MEDICAL FORM ON FILE!
10) If you are not receiving text & email blasts, or if you know of SOMEONE not receiving text & email blasts, scroll down the website front page and follow instructions.
If text & email sign up is still not working for you, please see Coach Larry on deck or write him at email@example.com; he can walk you through the sign up steps. Thank you so much!
11) Coach Lim has a quantity of the new pull buoy we want Giant, National, and High Performance swimmers to use. See the Gear page of our website. Click HERE for a quick link to have a look.
12) Congrats and best wishes to Coach Philipp who will be the head coach of the Space City Aquatics Team of Houston, TX. Check out his good news HERE.
Go Marlins Go!